Mar 9, 2011

The Journey stalls out...

After losing 40 pounds and hitting 331 pounds in September, and then backing off the journey in October and losing ground; you think I would've learned my lesson. But take a look at November:

(click on image to see all of it...)

Yep, I did the same mistake again. I stopped watching what was going on and got all the way back up to 344. That's 13 pounds up from the 331 mark I had been so thrilled to hit. You'll notice on the chart that as the weight dropped, I had to adjust the parameters of the graph. For November though, I had to add additional lines back on top the chart because my weight had gone back up.

You'll notice on all the previous charts there are orange and sometimes black diagonal lines. These lines represent that various rates or goals I was shooting for. For November though, I had no goals. And even if I had a goal, I had no plan. And a goal without a plan is just a dream. 

And December wasn't any better:

(click on image to see all of it...)

I needed to get a plan and step up my efforts. Giving up soda was good, but if I wasn't going to get aggressive, and get after it, I may have gone as far as I could.

1 comment:

tbbotts said...

Boy, dieting is an uphill battle. Of course you weren't just doing a diet, you're trying an entire life-style change. I admire your courage and look forward to the continuing saga. Thanks for a good blog.